Saturday, February 13, 2010

Light on a Bible Notebook

I try not to arrange the things. I try not to touch them and make some compositions. I have to find the things just the way they are…because people will say, 'Well, you’re an artist. You can make all these nice arrangements so they look good,' and I’m trying to say, 'No, I’m not going to touch them, and you can find the same things that I’m finding.' - Marxhausen in an interview for Time Lines

As I continue to put the lessons I've learned from Marxhausen into practice, I am trying to find compositions which change during the course of the day. I found this little notebook set on a basket of Bible study materials against a brightly colored backdrop. I didn't touch these objects, but rather photographed them as I found them. This was shot at 1:40, with the sun high in the sky on a partially cloudy day.

- Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment